The 54th District encompasses parts of the Westside, reaching almost to the Pacific Ocean. The district is ethnically diverse and heavily urban.
The 54th makes up 4.8% of Los Angeles County and includes parts of the following cities:
Los Angeles – 10.8%
West Los Angeles
Inglewood – 0.3%
View Park-Windsor Hills
- Out of all 50 states, the state of California has been ranked as the worst state for business for 12 years in a row.
- California has the highest state income tax rates in the entire nation to pay for its public employee’s pension benefits.
- Sacramento is talking about going to a single-payer health care system for the entire state costing California taxpayers $400 billion a year.
- According to USA Today, Los Angeles now has the worst traffic in the entire world, and San Francisco is not far behind.
- The L.A. City Council recently asked Governor Jerry Brown “to declare homelessness a statewide emergency.”
- Thanks to unchecked illegal immigration, crime is on the rise in many California cities.
- California has some of the most ridiculous housing prices in the entire country. Due to a lack of affordable housing, which is due to the overburdened regulation requirements. In some cases, it can take a two years after purchasing an empty lot to get permission from the authorities to begin developing the lot.
“QUALITY OF LIFE”
All residents of the 54th deserve the best quality of life we can give them. Glen is committed to quality neighborhoods, where our kids can play safely. Quality schools, where our kids can learn safely.
Glen will work with State, County, and local officials to see that the 54thAD get their fair share of resources.
Improved public safety; both Police and Fire are PRIORITY ONE for Glen. Safe school campuses from Elementary to High School is PRIORITY ONE for Glen.
Glen wants to work with you in his quest to make the 54th AD even better than it is today.
“Public Safety and Crime Reduction”
Glen is committed to improving public safety for all residents in the 54th AD.
Neighborhood Policing improved and expanded School Policing are the cornerstone of public safety in the 54th.
Glen is committed to seeing that resources to assist the LAPD in expanding “Community Policing” are implemented.
Glen’s view of crime is simple; “Don’t do the crime, if you won’t serve the time”. Glen is opposed to the current trend of early release, reduced sentences and increased use of probation.
We need to get the criminals off our streets and out of our neighborhoods if we want to see all enjoy the fruits of their labor in safe neighborhoods.
“Development and Traffic”
Glen is committed to maintaining and improving the quality of our roads, streets, and sidewalks. We must put an end to the senseless out of control development that is continuing to clog and congest our neighborhood.
Glen wants to see an end to High-Speed Rail in California and wants to see those dollars now wasted, redirected to improve traffic times right here in the 54th.