ABOUT THE 54TH AD
The district encompasses parts of the Westside, reaching almost to the Pacific Ocean. The district is ethnically diverse and heavily urban.
The 54th makes up 4.8% of Los Angeles County and includes parts of the following cities:
Los Angeles – 10.8%
West Los Angeles
Inglewood – 0.3%
View Park-Windsor Hills
- Out of all 50 states, the state of California has been ranked as the worst state for business for 12 years in a row.
- California has the highest state income tax rates in the entire nation to pay for its public employee’s pension benefits.
- Sacramento is talking about going to a single-payer health care system for the entire state costing California taxpayers $400 billion a year.
- According to USA Today, Los Angeles now has the worst traffic in the entire world, and San Francisco is not far behind.
- The L.A. City Council recently asked Governor Jerry Brown “to declare homelessness a statewide emergency.”
- Thanks to unchecked illegal immigration, crime is on the rise in many California cities.
- California has some of the most ridiculous housing prices in the entire country. Due to a lack of affordable housing, which is due to the overburdened regulation requirements. In some cases, it can take a two years after purchasing an empty lot to get permission from the authorities to begin developing the lot.